Extra-fast Appr 85 mm long K-thermocouple with appr. 2.5m cable (>8 feet).
Often used for exhaust gas temperature EGT (bares upto 1100C at the tip, but only 350C at the cable).
- 2mm diameter. Shorter probe (from the 2mm only) is optional, takes a bit more time to deliver. Not very useful, as this sensor can be slightly bent (in high enough radius)
- 6mm body diameter with 2mm sensor tip extra-rugged, still extra-fast VEMS-SPEED thermocouple, This high performance thermocouple is NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE (except VEMS resellers)
We recommend that only the sensor tip is in the exhaust stream, that is appr 18..25mm for the 6mm sensor and 10..15mm for the 2mm sensor.
- "Fitting-only=no" means you want both the sensor and the fitting (as normally)
- Choose "Fitting-only=fitting3parts" if you do NOT need the sensor, only the 3 part compression fitting.
- Fitting-only=compressionpart contains NO SENSOR, only the small middle part of the 3 part compression fitting.
- Fitting-only=blind2parts contains NO SENSOR: useful if you want to move your existing sensor (say, after tuning). A blind-plug female is provided, and a normal male-male that can be used in the next exhaust (to replace the old that is left in the exhaust, perhaps welded in)
The 3 part fitting consists of:
The exhaust thread of part1 male is NPT1/8 thread for the 6mm sensor (optionally M10x1mm finethread for the 2mm sensor). This part often gets welded into the exhaust so thread size might not matter.
- part1: male-male (different thread for the exhaust and the hollander)
- part2: small conical part that comes between part1 and part3 to provide sealing
- part3: M12x1mm female (mates the hollander-thread of part1)
- "with_connector=EGTamplifier" means you also get
this product (click here)
- "connector pair" means male + flying loom female by default. If you want male + panelmount female, request in the order note, or say "connector: NO" here and buy a separate connector pair (click here)
where you choose the "panel mount" option.
See also (click the following lines):