EAW-52 WBO2 and EGT display
Wideband lamda sensor controller and display with internal EGT amplifier and display.
Also included :
- connectors to make it work (WBO2 connector, supply, fuse)
Optional (but highly recommended): LSU4 WBO2 sensor
6mm conical or the 2 mm EGT (K-thermocouple) sensor is optional.
The 3mm sensor is very reliable, has high quality strain relief and 2m PTFE cable.
If you order with EGT sensor, the K-thermocouple connector pair is INCLUDED
See also (related products, NOT included by default):
- 3 digit 7 segment LED (with dots)
- 4 digit 7 segment LED (with dots)
- Voltage output. High resolution (up to 5V, 12bit, programmable output curve)
- RS232 level
- directly plugs into PC
- or USB-RS232 adapter
- or small dongle for CAN-physical layer bus (will not need to be removed from network even for firmware reflash)
- inputs and outputs related to supply and WBO2 and EGT measurement
- free outputs
- signal level (external referenced voltage output)
- extra inputs
This is ment as an easy-to-use device, but quite a few advanced features are also supported.
- WBO2. real WBO2 control circuit (full implementation), not a fake value from narrowband voltage as most ledbar displays
- EGT (with cold-junction measurement)
- display signal of RPM (frequency) input. Supports 0/5V HALL or optical sensor, or AC signal from variable reluctance (VR) sensor (1 bias resistor might be needed depending on the signal properties).
- high visibility display of any data coming from RS232 (eg. from genboard v3 controller or other ECU via AIM protocol)
- display the signal from 0-5V analog input with custom configurable curve
- 0-5V analog output. EGT signal, or WBO2 lambda/AFR signal with custom configurable curve (narrowband emulation also possible)
- Data can be logged to PC for further analysis
- The device can receive data via the RS232-DSUB9 port in "AIM" format, and display values with scaling (eg. from Celsius to Fahrenheit, km/h to mph conversion). See product page below for how to set up this. Note that the cheaper
Display-Only Round can also do this (that looks the same, but has only RS232 cable)
- firmware upgrade via bootloader (from command line or from
- even bootloader upgrade is possible (for improved network support)
- Boostcontrol function is now supported (2010-04) at the same time as WBO2 and EGT (wastegate control via PWM-solenoid) (with RPM dependent target and reference-PWM values) .
- Alternatively, instead of boostcontrol, idlecontrol or producer-gas mixture lambda control can be configured as well
- Idlecontrol uses the RPM input for feedback and controls a PWM-solenoid valve to feed air to an engine
- Producer gas mixture lambda control uses the wideband (LSU4 WBO2) sensor placed in the exhaust, and controls a 2-wire PWM idle-valve to feed air (usually there is a 1/2"-1" primary manual valve, and this smaller electric valve (eg. from a VW-passat gasoline engine) in parallel to it makes up for the variations (as the wood-gasifier internal conditions change over time, eg. temperature, moisture content, CO2 content). This function can be used to eliminate most of the manual tweaking the CHP (combined heat and power) powerplant otherwise requires to produce power/electricity (and heat), from woodchips or other suitable solid fuel. This feature is not currently available elsewhere, even for 3 times the cost of this device. If you need more outputs, or ignition control (and possibly injection for startup / backup / testing), check
the v3.x controller also supports this, and much more (eg. stepper-based idle control that can support much bigger valves with lower valve-power consumption).
RPM input (VR or HALL, several trigger-types) for display, logging, idlecontrol or boostcontrol. The RPM input frequency detection is very precise (the rare dips to 0 RPM experienced earlier were caused by a software issue, and fixed, upgrade (eg. to 2010 firmware) if effected
Black-case is default. For display-color = red-red or red-green either purchase EAW-52 Round V2 or choose different case color, or accept that the wire-protection tube looks similar to
plexi like this (non-exhaustive list )
|LSU4 WBO2 sensor: