MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor
- 250 kPa sensor can be used for up to 1.5 bar boost.
- 300 kPa sensor (MPXH6300) for up to 2 bar (29 psi) boost.
- 400 kPa sensor (MPXH6400) is for up to 3 bar (42.5 psi) boost
It is recommended to leave 20 kPa margin for boostcontrol (overshoot, or during tuning), so beyond 130 kPa boost (=1.3 bar = 18 psi) min 300 kPa recommended (not the 250 kPa).
All of them have very fast response (1 msec) analog 5V output (more exactly 0.2 -> 4.8V for 20kPa absolute -> max pressure). "Absolute" means that they measure relative to vacuum. At (appr 101 kPa athmoshperic pressure, eg. with engine off) they output nonzero voltage; output voltage goes lower when the engine pulls some vacuum, and higher during boost.
- 5V supply
- 12V supply (6.5 .. 15V)
- The bare (unpackaged) version is separate item now, so it is not accidentally ordered.
- "6/4mm MAP connection": NEW: packaged version. Rugged, splash-proof packaging with embedded 5-pin male sealed sensor connector A matching female connector is included. The pneumatic connector for 6/4mm tube is more common;
- "5/3mm MAP connection" : same packaged (splash-proof, with embedded male connector and matching female included) version as above, but with the smaller pneumatic connector for 5/3mm tube.
- NEW: 250 kPa , 5V supply sensor packaged in box with 6/4mm nipple.