Assembled, cased VEMS v3
VEMS ECU with internal CAN bus interface for certain CAN-throttle (DBW drive by wire) and idle valves, notably those compatible with electronic throttles and idle valve of BMW S65 / BMW S68
For CAN-dash, there might be a more cost efficient approach, please detail your app on your project page and see CAN-bus page.
VEMS utilizes an advanced RISC microprocessor and surface mounted component technology, with state of the art electronics to allow you to precisely control your engine.
Ask your regional VEMS dealer for more information
VEMS is manufactured in the E.U.
VEMS can be configured to use almost any standard OEM sensor for:
- Sequential Control of up to 8 banks of injectors
- Built in transistorised coil igniters for up to 8 coils
- Built in Wideband controller
- Turbo friendly features such as Exhaust Gas Temperature, Anti-lag, and boost control
- Configurable control of low and high current drivers for lights, relays and solenoids, including up to 4 solenoids for VVTI / VANOS / Camshaft-angle control
- Field upgradable software
- High Quality Case and Sealed Connectors
- Datalogging via serial connection
- Advanced Idle Air Control
Additionally VEMS also has the built in ability to control:
- Throttle position
- Coolant temperature
- Air temperature
- Crank and Cam sensors - configurable for the standard OEM configurations such as Ford 36-1, GM/Bosch 60-2, Audi 5 cylinder 135 tooth as well as being customizable for many different timing strategies
- Manifold Pressure through a choice of built-in pressure sensors, or an external OEM type
- External fuel and exhaust pressures
Throughout the development of VEMS, Customization has been the focus. The number of driver channels are as plentiful as the ways of configuring their operation. Outputs can be triggered by temperature, rpm, throttle position, or air pressure.
6 Low current drivers providing control for relays (fuel pump, fan, water pump) or lights (shift light, activation light, MIL)
8 High Current solenoid drivers that can be configured to control:
- Integrated Wideband O2 Controller utilizing the low cost Bosch LSU4 sensor
- Up to 2 Exhaust Gas Temperature sensors
VEMS features an advanced injector control system, which can control high impedence injectors with incredible precision.
Coil drivers are built in and can be specified when purchasing a unit, up to 8 ignition coil drivers can be fitted, which can be configured to run single coils, wasted spark coil packs or Coil On Plugs. Because the coil control is built in VEMS has full control with coil charge/dwell times
- Fuel Injectors
- Variable cam timing solenoids (VANOS, VTEC, VVT etc)
- Idle air controllers
- Nitrous solenoids
- Boost controllers
- 8: all 8 ignition channels are configured with built-in ignition driver controlling the ground of a coil. This is recommended for 8 cyl fully sequential (non-wasted-spark) ignition with traditional coils. Also popular for 5 cyl setups and 6cyl COP install.
- 6+2: 6 IGBT + 2 logic-level : Suitable for up to 12cyl wasted spark, up to 6 cyl fully sequential ignition, while also suitable for the 4cyl active wasted spark modules
- 4+4: 4 IGBT + 4 logic-level output
- 2+6: 2 IGBT + 6 logic-level output
- 0: 0 IGBT + 8 logic-level output (useful for 8cyl fully sequential with active coils)
- "active flyback" is a must for low-Z injectors (universal: can be used for high-Z too)
- or "High-Z only 30V flyback" for high-Z injectors only.
- Low-Voltage is obsolete (not recommended, except for those who know exactly what they are doing, or replacement of old ECU with similar option if re-tuning VE is not an option.
Specify the engine model (which does not, by itself, make it a "special request", and it is non-binding; but allows some chance of catching mis-specification early).
Special request Examples:
- BMW S50 or S52 dual-VANOS engine: VR, VR, VR + 4 * PFET high-side switches for the 4 hydraulic cam-actuator solenoids
- BMW S54 dual-VANOS engine: VR, HALL, HALL + 4 * PFET high-side switches for the 4 hydraulic cam-actuator solenoids
- "Preferrably leave 2 (or N...) custom (mcp3208) analog inputs without internal pullup resistor" (most analog inputs, by default, are equipped with internal pullup to +5V for installer convenience, but some sensors, like most pressure sensors are easier to install withOUT internal pullup).
Service=ASAP orders are handled in different queue (which only makes sense together with expedited delivery, if payment is received, and special instructions - if any - are crystal-clear: if writing order comment, try to be very precise using references to shop products, nomenclature, exact precise terms to avoid uncertainty, especially for an ASAP order). Service=slow can be very slow, takes 3 or more weeks longer than ASAP. Only choose slow if specs is known months in advance (or ordering generic ECU in advance).
To connect the ECU to the application, you may also be interested in:
HINT: choose 300kPa or 400kPa (6/4 or simplenipple) MAP sensor; and select your primary trigger VR/HALL (and secondary also, if special). Choose less than 8 ignition drivers if logiclevel outputs needed for active igncoils. The other options: if you don't know which you need => choose the default.