NPN inverter in a DSUB9 adapter housing (provides easy access to signal and some protection for the CPU). Plugs into the PS2 plug of the assembled genboard v3 controller.
- Usable with HALL-type (=optical, reed-switch or other 0/5V or min. 0/2V logical signal) or VR-type signals
- Inside the main element is a BC817 with 18k base pullup to 5V (and input to base 1k protection resistor). The swithcing threshold is about 275mV (so VR signal minimum amplitude is 300mV to safely trigger - so all VR sensors we have seen output high enough voltage). Pulling input signal to ground also triggers it.
- Use recent 1.1.6x or newer non-PS2 firmware to access advanced wheelspeed and gear features - useful for logging, analysis, and allows finer control of boost and launch.
- If you have a HALL input ECU, a VR trigger input can be applied via the same circuit (without disassembling the ECU). However, this inverter circuit lacks the adaptive method of LM1815 (which is used inside the main controller) a cleaner VR signal is required. Therefore this is recommended for wheelspeed (not for primary or secondary trigger).
- matching DSUB9 connector included
Take care at high speed ! Watch the road and not the notebook. Analyze the logs later.